As the season draws to a close I’m often asked by my brides and clients in general what I do in the winter here in Ibiza?? Well where should I start.
- Admin – As I’m busy fielding enquiries and quotes for Ibiza weddings 2016 and 2017 this takes up a lot of time. I like to get to know my brides (as much as you can over email) and really get a feel for what type of wedding look they are after.
- Restocking – Any excuse to go shopping really. As a make up artist I need to keep up with current trends and new products. This is a bit harder living in the countryside on a small island but I’m finally getting into Pinterest properly and on my trips back to UK you’ll find me constantly hanging out in make up shops to get my fix!!
- Test shoots – Living here in Ibiza (aka Paradise) is lovely most of the time but like a lot of residents I love the winter. Temperatures are still high and with these stunning locations on your doorstep it’s a perfect place to get creative. With lots of talented professionals here all year round some of the ideas we can create together are fabulous. Watch this space for upcoming shoots!!
- Amazebrows!!! My other passion which links into make up but I don’t have enough time to develop in summer is eyebrows!! I’m obsessed with looking at peoples so as a qualified beautician I can’t wait to get my hands on some. My technique involves threading, tinting, shaping to achieve the perfect brows. This can change your whole face and with a touch of make up to finish it can take 10 years off you.
- Learning – Even with 16 years experience it’s important to keep learning. I love doing short weekend or day refresher courses in hair and make up over winter. New skills or updating old ones. Never get bored and you go into the next Ibiza summer with lots of fresh ideas.
- Family – With a young daughter I don’t have enough time in this crazy Ibiza summer to do all the things with her I want. Winter is a time for relaxing, exploring, learning and more importantly playing!!!
Of course that’s not everything but just to give you an idea of my plans for the next few months. If you are planning on travelling to Ibiza for a wedding/hen party or just a holiday next summer and would like to discuss hair, make up or beauty plans then I would love to speak to you!!
Hasta luego!! Marie xx